Sunday, March 26, 2006

Hypoglycemia and Milk

Ok, I don't know if I'm noticing a trend or if things are coming together in a way to make me believe something that isn't really happening.

I think milk gives me hypoglycemia.

This is what tipped me off to going off dairy in the first place, actually. When I was waiting for my daily servings of milk, I'd get incredibly agitated, shaky and lose anything resembling concentration. So last night I had my first glass of goat's milk and seemed fine for the rest of the night. This morning, I had a half a cup with my breakfast and this afternoon had a bad case of hypo. Now, granted, I had gone a number of hours without eating. But so had all the other people I had been with and they were all totally fine. What is up with that?? It can't just be the carbs because I've had some pear over the last few days and was totally fine for hours afterward. Plus, even when I got hungry, I just got hungry, like regular people do. I didn't turn into a spastic, slurry, irritable bitch. I guess I should have laid off the goat's milk if I was doing a proper dairy elimination. Ok, the goat's milk was only $2.50, so I won't lament it too badly. I'll just start fresh.

I wonder if I clarify my butter if I'll be doing anything worthwhile, or if it's just as dairy-ish, either way. I'll have to look that one up. The butter thing is killing me the most - not only is it one of the only failsafe animal fats, but it also has to be one of the most deliciousifying things in the world. Simply everything is yummier when cooked in/spread with/bathed in butter. Butter is the only convenience I have when it comes to Failsafe/ON. It keeps me going. It's available everywhere and it's healthy. Anabelle <3 Butter Forever.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home