Sunday, July 09, 2006

Oh no! My kombucha!

My second batch of kombucha seems to have something wrong with it. Or not. I have no idea. I am not experienced enough in the kombucha arts to know. All I know is that the first time, a big thick white layer of the culture developed on top like a hard shell (which is exactly what the photos I've seen on the web show). This time, I'm 4 days in and it's just kind of bubbling up this brown sh*t on top and no shell has developed. My original culture is just kind of floating on top. Ugh! I don't know if it's not going well or what.

Oh the drama!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger EJD said...

Sounds like you have a lot of yeast and not enough bacteria... Try adding a drop of cognac, it worked for me!

6:05 a.m.  
Blogger Red Delicious said...

Does it have to be cognac? I don't have any on hand. Can it be any alcohol? Lazy me, I'll just look it up!

11:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home