Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dentist

So this morning I went to the dentist for a cleaning. And it was horrible. My gums bled like crazy. I'm talking gobs and gobs of blood. My whole mouth is still sore. Ok, it had been 10 months since my last cleaning and maybe I don't floss as much as I should (read never), but this was ridiculous. I never have this much of an issue - my teeth are usually quite healthy. I've only ever had one cavity in my whole life! Oh, and I also got a talking-to about the fact that my wisdom teeth haven't been taken out yet. All in all, it was lovely little guilt-fest and I can't wait for my next brush with these people (no pun intended).

Unfortunately, even thought I brought some flavourless toothpaste with me in my purse, I chickened out and didn't say anything to my dentist about my avoidance of salicylates. I just couldn't bring myself to explain the whole thing and put myself in such an 'under the microscope' situation. I hate being different or difficult, so I just let her smear that horrible minty paste deep into every little crevace in my mouth. I'm sure I'll pay for it later.

Come to think of it, I can't actually remember one single day recently where I haven't bunged up something with this elimination diet. Either it's having drinks after work with co-workers, a shopping spree in a stinky incense-ridden shop, a big glass of lactose-filled goat's milk or a mouthful of minty toothpaste. You're not supposed to start challenges until after you've been on the diet at least 3 weeks and have had 5 'good' days in a row (reaction-wise), but if you count all the times I've screwed up, then I'm really starting from scratch every day. ARRRRrrrr. I need to get with it! I'm not even sabotaging myself on purpose. I just keep making mistakes or having (what I feel are) legitimate accidents. Oh, and chickening out at the dentist. We can't forget that. It's almost as if you can't properly failsafe unless you're totally isolated from the world.

I'm getting closer to that 'lock myself in a room and pee into jars' state than I thought!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home