Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Early Riser

Funny thing is that I've been so busy lately and barely felt like I have enough hours in the day to do all the things I have to do, but the one consolation is that I've suddenly become an early riser, which has given me a slight advantage. I've NEVER been a morning person, but in the last 5 days or so, I've been naturally waking up around 6:30 am, awake and alert. It's a nice change!

Anyway, on to other things. I haven't been very responsible diet-wise in the last couple of days. First those candied nuts, then I went to my brother's for a Beltaine supper last night. I mean, I don't regret it (not yet, anyway) because I had an amazing time and the food was so good, but still. I kept pretty failsafe but my ON ratios went straight out the window, plus I had wheat and dairy, which I am paying for right now.

Foods eaten yesterday: Eggs; egg yolks; clarified butter; Romaine lettuce; raw cashews... good up to this point... then things went tits up: safflower oil; huge thick sirloin steak, cooked medium-rare; garlic; salt; black pepper; cabbage; tiny bit of carrot; leeks; green beans; one mouthful of red-skinned potato; 2 cups black decaf coffee; shortbread cookies; vanilla ice cream

Calories: 2323 Fat: 172 g Carbs: 114 g Fibre: 14 g Protein: 89 g
Weight: 153.5 lbs (gained a pound and a half after a lot of calories and carbs yesterday from the candied nuts)

So last night, as soon as I finished the scoop of ice cream, I had to run to the bathroom to have the most painful gastro-intestinal distress I've had in a good while. I am still cramping as we speak. This morning I was another half pound heavier (I'm actually surprised the damage wasn't worse, but I guess having the runs has made me lose some water). I suspect my weight may rise a bit more tomorrow. Because I had both dairy and wheat, I'm not sure which one caused the stomach reaction, but I'm guessing it was both.

I'm not exactly sure the best way to handle a situation like this - I always wonder if it's best to gradually reduce calories back down to what I was eating, so that I don't go into serious food/carb withdrawal and risk a binge, or if I should immediately try to get right back on the lower calorie, very low carb bandwagon and just practice as much willpower as possible. We'll see. Right now my stomach hurts so bad, food is the last thing on my mind. Aaaaahhhhhhrrrrrr the cramping!! I feel like someone is stabbing me in the stomach and slowly twisting the knife.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home