Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mmmmm

Creamy milk = yum. I just had a mixture that consisted of 1/2 cup of half and half cream (10%), mixed with 1/4 cup whipping cream (35%) and some cold water. It was a little less flavourful than whole milk (probably because of the water diluting the taste), but still totally yummy. I do think that my hypoglycemic reactions can sometimes be partially psychological - I find when I'm kept busy and don't have a chance to think about food, I can go much longer without eating than I can if I'm bored and have lots of time to imagine myself getting hungry. Today's trick will be sorting the real hunger out from the imagined hunger. I went for another 45 min. walk at lunch yesterday and will be going on one today as well. They are a great way to take my mind off food and nutrition and stress.

I am working all weekend at a trade show - very long days - and will have to do some planning tonight regarding how and what I will bring with me to eat. Hard boiled eggs are good to bring, as well as some stir-fried meat and cabbage in butter which I should probably be able to heat up while I'm there. This is when I start to miss grains, since I can't make my very portable Optimal Pancakes anymore. I suppose I could make them with mashed potato instead of flour, but they won't hold together very well that way. We'll see. When eating on the go, it's even harder to get the right amount of fat into your diet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home