Monday, January 08, 2007

Sweet, sweet chocolatey Christmas

Yes, I ate crap over the holidays. Not such a huge deal, you would think, but now it I am trapped in a cycle of bad eating that I can't seem to completely get out of. YES AGAIN!

I've attempted on numerous occasions to get back onto my regimen (and even started working out again with a HIT routine, which is a huge step for me), but I keep caving in to cravings. The weird part is that I'm not caving in all the way - I'm just having small cheats. But the cheats are big enough to keep my weight way up and to keep me eating far too many calories. I gained 10 lbs over 1 week of bad eating and have only lost 2 of those pounds so far after over a week of attempted dieting.

You want to know the culprit? Chocolate. See, this is how I know that carbs are not the only issue with weight gain for me - food intolerance is also a big factor. I have only had an excess of maybe 15 or 20 grams of carbs in the last few days, but they have all been dark chocolate carbs and I am so utterly bloated, angry and fat that words cannot possibly describe it.

Chocolate is absolutely evil and I am in one of those phases where I feel like I can't possibly live without it. I need to detox badly. I have to go cold turkey. It's seriously like heroin. And I can't believe I let myself get caught up in eating it again!! I could kick myself. Now it'll take me a week just to get it out of my system and start eating and feeling like a normal human again.

Boy could I go for a dark chocolate Toblerone right about now...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home