Monday, April 17, 2006

Epsom Salt Cream

Foods Eaten: Eggs; egg yolks; clarified butter; cabbage; rutabaga
Calories: 1713 Fat: 161 g Carb: 32 g Fibre: 5 g Protein: 45 g
Weight: 153.5 lbs

I made my own epsom salt cream last night. What brought this on was that I realised the offending party in my recent bad mood may have been from scented candles that I've been around a lot lately (and I was around last night again), plus I had a run-in with some salicylate -containing foods that I couldn't avoid last night, so I decided a bit of a cleanse was in order. So last night I had a big glass of bicarb, applied the epsom cream, popped some calcium citrate and some potassium and went to bed. This morning my skin is as soft as can be and I feel better. In fact, my skin, which had recently broken out with 5 pimples (which is quite rare for me) looks much better. I did have a bit of a rush to the bathroom this morning (from the magnesium, I'm sure). If the bad mood comes back, I'll just repeat the process today.

My recipe for the Epsom cream:

4 tbsp Epsom salts
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp glycerin
1 small tub (215 g) vaseline

In a saucepan, dissolve the salts in the water over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in glycerin, then vaseline, until smooth and homogenous (this will take a bit of patience). The mixture will be very runny. Pour into a jar (or back into the vaseline tub, but you'll have some extra because of the added ingredients) and let cool. This cream takes a long time to soak in and feels a bit gnarly, actually, but when it finally does soak in, it feels awesome.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home