Thursday, April 20, 2006

Feeling so effing good

Oh my God, do I feel fantastic today. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I am so chipper, I could practically float away on a cloud. YAY! It's about bloody time I started to feel better. It could be the good weather having an effect, too, but I don't really care.

Last night I even went out for a 45-minute brisk walk with A. at about 9:30 and it was even nice and warm and breezy at that late hour. I don't really think the walk did much for calorie burning - maybe 150 calories maximum. It mainly just gave me a feeling of well-being and lots of much needed energy. It also took my mind off food, as I was really hungry and carb-craving yesterday, especially in the evening. Probably because the night before I had a whole peeled pear in the evening, on an empty stomach, which is far more fruit than I usually have in one sitting and I never have it on an empty stomach. It was a mistake, but at least my mood didn't suffer - just my hunger levels. I imagine that walk was also effective as a cleansing method and helped to excrete some toxins. It must have, because I still feel great today. One of my co-workers suggested a walk today at lunch, which is even better because I'll get some vitamin D.

I did eat some chicken skin last night, but so far, no ill-effects. I hope I don't have any reactions because I love chicken skin. I removed the skin from some thighs that I had bought and planned on roasting and decided to render the fat out for later use. I was left with these incredibly crispy nuggets of skin that just couldn't go uneaten. A little salt... mmmmmmm.... I ate four thighs-worth! By the time they were rendered, they were just tiny little bits, anyway. Oh well!

The meat, I roasted and froze in 3-oz portions so I can whip one out for dinner any particular night over the next week. I was always intimidated by the amines, but figure if I just freeze it right away and it eat within a week, I'm good. It's a hell of a lot easier than dealing with frozen raw meat (which I hate) and it's nicer than worrying about the developing amines on meat while it sits raw or cooked in the fridge. Also, this way I don't have to cook from scratch every night of the week. After cooking all day at work, sometimes it gets to be a bit much. The best before date on the chicken said it was good for another 4 days, so I reckon it had been packed that day. There's no real way to tell with supermarket meat, but so far I've had good results with chicken (and lamb) from my supermarket. It's beef that's been trouble for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home